All property photos
FABULOUS OPEN FLOORPLAN…
WITH WONDERFUL INDOOR/ OUTDOOR LIVING…
IN ONE OF THE CITY'S MOST ICONIC BUILDINGS…
Step into one of Cathedral Tower’s most beautiful and unique ground floor residences! With direct private access to huge South terrace and gardens of one of San Francisco’s most renowned 1920’s high-rises, this quintessential urban oasis showcases lovely greenery outlooks with the twinkling lights of the City in the background. Enjoy seamless indoor/ living, lounging and entertaining with a gracious open floor plan- making this home feel like a lovely maisonette in the heart of Nob Hill.
Enjoy an unparalleled urban lifestyle in San Francisco's most Parisian-style neighborhood- from the casual European-style neighborhood cafes and the elegantly manicured Huntington Park with it's well-known fountain, to the haute-cuisine restaurants and chic night-clubs in some of the world's grandest hotels.
Its location in the heart of the City is close to booming world-class tech and financial centers of Jackson Square, the Financial District and SoMa, the internationally acclaimed shopping and dining of Union Square and Downtown, as well as the Broadway-style entertainment of the Theater District- a quintessential San Francisco lifestyle at the center of one of its most vibrant historical neighborhoods!
- 2 bedroom, 2 bath cooperative residence with 1 car parking
- Designer upgrades include Shaw Anderson 5" black walnut plank flooring and "Desert Wood" cabinetry by DesignCraft in the kitchen
- Direct private access to the building’s huge, gorgeously landscaped South-facing community terrace and gardens with lounging, dining and barbeque areas as well as City lights views
- 1,590 square feet as per appraiser; 1,650 square feet as per San Francisco Tax Records; buyer to independently verify
- 84-unit building built in 1927
- HOA Dues: $2,164.46 per month includes water, garbage, building insurance, reserves, 24-hour doorman, on-site property management and usage of the residents- only South Terrace; 1 car parking is available for $210.00 per month and storage is available on a seniority basis for an additional fee depending on the size of the space.
- A fabulous great room creates a wonderfully bright and airy entrance to this large ground floor home in Cathedral Tower- one of the City’s most architecturally significant high-rises. The wide-open floor plan blends the living / dining/ entertaining spaces with the open kitchen and French doors to the outdoors- perfect for a seamless indoor/ outdoor living and entertaining lifestyle experience.
- The exquisitely remodeled kitchen is superbly outfitted with beautiful Desert Wood-grained cabinetry and clean-lined quartz counter-tops and is equipped with top-of-the-line stainless Bosch 4-burner cook-top with hood, microwave and oven, as well as a paneled Bosch refrigerator. A large island with built-in microwave completes this gourmet chef’s delight. The adjacent dining area is centered with a beautiful hanging light fixture and enjoys lovely outlooks over the tree-lined slopes of Jones Street. 5” black walnut plank flooring throughout completes the look of this spectacular space.
- Double French doors lead out to the building’s incredible residents and guests-only Italianate-style terrace and gardens iimmaculately landscaped with mature greenery, beautiful Cypress trees, and roses. Classic geometric-shaped boxwood hedges frame the charming center fountain, while the atmospheric brick parapet wall sets off views of twinkling City lights in the background. Lounging, dining and barbeque areas create a unique oasis- wonderful for both outdoor everyday living and entertaining in the heart of Nob Hill.
- The huge primary bedroom suite with sitting area features large South-facing picture windows overlooking the terrace and gardens with the City Skyline as a sparkling backdrop. A walk-in closet with abundant built-ins and a luxurious bath featuring a generous walk-in shower and artfully crafted marble and mosaic tiles complete this lovely retreat.
- The second/ guest bedroom also enjoys lovely garden and City views as well as access to the adjacent 2nd/ guest marble bath with shower/ tub, two closets, and abundant cabinetry – and crowned by a rotunda style domed ceiling with cove lighting.
- A gracious interior foyer accesses the two bedrooms from the living spaces, providing an elegant transition from the public area to the private ones.
This historic building, built in 1927 at the pinnacle of Nob Hill reveals the glamorous design creativity and structural integrity found in the other historic Nob Hill properties built by the same prestigious Parisian-trained architect William Weeks who also designed and built the historic Nob Hill hotels: The Mark Hopkins and The Huntington. Its Spanish-inspired historic and luxurious lobby has been maintained to preserve its historic elements and unusual detail.
This building with its stunning façade and exceptionally decorative portico became famous after Dashiell Hammett made it the home of character Bridget O’Shaughnessy, in the book and movie the “Maltese Falcon”; the building was known as “the Coronet” in the movie. Well-known residents have included movie directors Wayne Wang and John Waters.
In the heart of Nob Hill, Cathedral Apartments’ 17 floors provide some of the most magnificent views in San Francisco. The building’s luxury services include: 24-hour doorman service, a full time on-site management office, and a huge, gorgeously landscaped south view terrace for the use of owners, whether for personal sunbathing or lavish parties.